This week my daughter started school, I was a complete mixed bag of emotions. Excited, proud (so very proud), nervous, sad and incredibly nostalgic.
Her new teacher sent home an activity when we collected school book- 10 Things I Want you to Know About Me and one for the parents too, 10 Things My Parents Want you to Know About Me – here is my list:
- My daughter is sooo happy and excited to be starting school, I too am excited to begin my journey as a school mum
- My daughter can be a great leader and organiser
- She is soo eager to learn (most of the time!)
- The development of her christian faith is important to us
- She loves her brother (3), her grandparents and cousins
- We live on a farm with sheep, pigs and crops
- My daughter loves performing
- She takes her hearing aids off to use a phone, wear earphones and play with a stethoscope
- We can’t believe our little girl has grown up – we are so proud of her and love her beyond words
- We pray that this is a wonderful year for all of us
- I like doing paintings
- My favourite colours are green and purple
- Sometimes at home I like to do exercising with Mum and Dad
- I like gardening
- I love dancing!
- I like swimming at Grandma’s pool and sometimes at the beach
- I got a bike for Christmas and a Pocahontas dress
- I have been learning the piano and trying hard
- I like putting decorations on the Christmas tree and playing Christmas games
- I really really want to go to school!
Highlights of the week:
Turns out I love readers, makes me so excited that my girl ‘can’ read, learning is seriously fun.
Hearing about my girl playing with her new friends, telling me what her teacher has been teaching them – hope she continues to share with me about her days.
There is finally a positive to having early rising children! No rushes in the morning – everything has gone so smoothly, in fact I’m kinda loving the routine school is bringing to our lives. Early days yet I know.
Lowlight: My son is toilet training, (need I say more!) and wet his jocks and shorts at first after school pick up of the week 😦
ps I’m still undecided how anonymous I want this blog to be – think I better learn some photo editing skills though!!