It’s been a month since my last blog post, and what a month it’s been. Blogging has certainly slipped down my priority list but I am still enjoying reading lots of my favourites – so good to learn and share in.
I’m not really sure what I want to write about today but I do know that I want to say Hello.
Life is good and God is so graciously giving me the breaks I need at the right times. This week for instance I have two whole home days, plus I was home yesterday afternoon and have had way to much spare time for watching West Wing, my latest addiction (currently up to Season 3). Last week felt a bit crazy. I had a night away from home and two evening meetings in town, then a night out with friends. All of it including the meetings was time well spent but gosh it takes it out of me. Yesterday my one job was to clean the lounge room – that took it out of me too! So many jobs for today, including well overdue case notes, I pray I get the important ones done.
For your reading pleasure some recent life highlights:
- My five year old son attended church on Sunday with no underwear and loose shorts :p
- We hosted a church picnic the Sunday before – tug of war, egg and spoon races, guess the tools, beautiful weather….it’s so wonderful to catch up with our larger local christian family for worship and fellowship
- I volunteered for both a secretary and chairperson position on two different committees – what was I thinking!!
- Chairperson role had me speaking twice on radio this month
- My counseling diary has been as full as I need it – challenging but also rewarding
- Kids school concert was AMAZING and I so wish I could share their school photos with you!
- arghh I’d almost forgotten this one but I did a lot of dealing with Telstra grrr (phone company) but thankfully the monthly bill which came this week suggests it truly is now all sorted out
- Our local paper has been sharing good stories about suicide and mental health
And now a few more days have past and I’m a bit more melancholy. This despite reading an amazing book I hope to review properly, reaching my goal weight and having dear friends cook with my kids (I do NOT have the patience!). I think I need a down day or two. Maybe it’s cos I forgot my tablets yesterday, maybe it’s because I started thinking of a departed friend yesterday and tried really hard not to brush it aside but really feel it. Maybe it’s because I’m worn out.
I’ll say it again, God is good, and life is full of ups and downs… I’m still looking forward to tomorrow 🙂
How’s September been for you? Is there anything you’re looking forward to in October? Thanks for reading, thanks for letting me share where I’m at, please know I also love hearing about you.